Thursday, July 12, 2012

International Foodie Penpals

It's here! My eagerly apnticipated trans-atlantic Foodie Penpals swap, has arrived. I was too excited to get a photo of the box on my mat, so here is the big reveal!

Clara (of coWWow with her Twitter handle @mmmoomoocowow) lives on the West Coast of the U.S. of A. and sent me the loveliest box of goodies. We amended the usual £10/$15 limit as this was a special arrangement outside of the usual Foodie Penpals. With restrictions on what we could send, due to the time delivery could take, both Clara and I opted to send treats.


Where do I start? Clara, thank you, everything so far has been scrummy and I can't wait to get stuck into everything else. The Coconut Pocky, the family sized Pretzel M&Ms, the Oreo cookies, but especially this baby - Askinosie Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.


Goldfish Crackers! I read about these on so many US blogs, they seem to be a must-have back when you're sick, and they are lovely.


The Oreos are scrumptious, slightly different from our UK ones, which have more bulk to the biscuit and filling, but the US Oreos are richer and somewhat more unctious.

Favourite treat so far - the Caramel and Coconut Crunch bar. We seriously need to get them over here. They are totally worth the run to burn it off. And believe me, I don't often rate treats as worth a run, often at all.

You can see the box I sent Clara here.
foodiepal stamp2 Foodie Penpals
Foodie Penpals is so much fun! Created by Lindsay at theleangreenbean in September 2011, and administered in the UK by Carol Anne from thisisrocksalt every month, you are assigned a person to send a thoughtful foodie parcel to and a different person will send one to you. It's a lovely way to try things you've never tried before, match up with some awesome bloggers (and readers too!) and it's so nice to recieve something in the post that's not a bill. Join us today!

Today's workout: 30 minute walk to & from the Post Office, 30 minute walk running errands.

0 comments

Post a Comment