Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals July

I love Foodie Pen Pals. End of. My Penpal this month was the very lovely Lin, of http://linsfood.com/ and she sent me a stonking parcel. I wish computers had smell-o-vision already, I recieved such a beautifully fragrant package!

Lin's Homemade Curry Powder - which we tried a smidge of in Fishcakes. Honestly, just the memory of them is making me hungry... I may have to put in a repeat order...
  

Multi-coloured Pasta - I'm saving these babies for a special occasion. Lin says her guests love these, and I can totally see why.


Chilli Oil - The only response I got from hubby was 'Nom nom nom' in between mouthfuls.

Sugar Love Hearts & Lavender Sugar - These are just so sweet & were made by Lin's little ones. I served the Sugar Hearts with afternoon tea to my Mother & Father-in-Law who LOVED them. The Lavender sugar brough back such strong childhood memories, and I can't wait to use them in baking. Thanks kids!

Strawberries & Cream Tea Bags - These smell utterly delectable. They didn't last the day, and I've been to the supermarket to buy more already. They even recommend making the tea - letting the jug cool for 2 minutes, then steep for 8-10, which is my favourite way to drink tea, though I'm called a barbarian in my office for it.


They say Foodie Penpals have a touch of the psychic to them - I've just run out of Green Tea, and a lovely new packet arrived. This tea is lovely and refreshing.


Mini-Crackers - I didn't even read Lin's note before crakcing these guys open, they are ever so sweet and full of properly corny jokes...

Lin also included one of her favourite Greeting Cards, and I can't wait to pay it forward to someone I love.

Thank you again Lin, for such a lovely package!

Foodie Penpals is so much fun! Created by Lindsay at theleangreenbean in September 2011, and administered in the UK by Carol Anne from thisisrocksalt every month, you are assigned a person to send a thoughtful foodie parcel to and a different person will send one to you. It's a lovely way to try things you've never tried before, match up with some awesome bloggers (and readers too!) and it's so nice to receive something in the post that's not a bill. Join us today!

Today's workout: er, watching the Olympics. That counts, right?

What is your favourite/most evocative childhood smell?

0 comments

Post a Comment