Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Foodie Penpals October (Rebecca)

(C'mon Mr Postman, I can't wait to open my parcel!) This month I was paired to send a Foodie Penpal parcel to Rebecca, a blog reader, so we thought we'd share the items she enjoyed - thank you for the lovely feedback Rebecca & I hope your move goes smoothly!

I’ve been into cooking and learning new recipes for some time now, so when I stumbled across the idea of Foodie Penpals last month, I was really excited to become a part of it. The idea of receiving a parcel each month, filled with treats and ingredients that I wouldn’t normally think of buying or using is like having twelve birthdays a year!
In my first month, I was lucky enough to get sent a parcel from Emma of 'Adventures of a London Kiwi'. As I said to her in an email, it was‘like Christmas had come early!’ My parcel was filled with all manner of lovely treats, each with a thoughtful note attached about the taste, or what I could combine the item with.
The chocolate lime cookies were eaten almost immediately, much to the horror of my earlier willpower. The combination or zesty lime and dark chocolate were too much for said willpower I’m afraid.
The sweet bars were great, especially the ginger and nut bar, which I duped myself into thinking was ‘healthier’ than the other two. I managed to sample the popcorn bar, before my partner spirited away the cocoa one!
I’ve been on a homemade soup kick this month, so the garlic and pecorino cheese croutons couldn’t have come at a more appropriate time. I found myself eating them alone as I was making the soup!
The overall winner however, was the tomato and chilli jam from Natural Kitchen, in Marylebone, London. I’ve eaten it with EVERYTHING. Toast, sandwiches, pasta,soup, carrot sticks- it’s absolutely delicious and has inspired me to try making my own in the New Year.
I’m yet to try the fantastic-sounding pumpkin and ginger soba noodles, or the jellies as my house resembles a storage locker (we’re in the middle of packing), but I’m sure they will be as equally mouth-watering as all the other goodies I received this month.
I'm so glad Rebecca enjoyed everything!
The downlow: Foodie Penpals was created by Lindsay at theleangreenbean in September 2011, and administered in the UK by Carol Anne from thisisrocksalt every month, you are assigned a person to send a thoughtful foodie parcel to and a different person will send one to you. It's a lovely way to try things you've never tried before, match up with some awesome bloggers (and readers too!) and it's so nice to receive something in the post that's not a bill. Join in today!
The Lean Green Bean

0 comments

Post a Comment