Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie Penpals - September

I was even more exited when this month's box arrived on my doorstep than normal, being ill, camped on the couch when the Postie knocked on the door with a wee parcel that brightened my sniffly day immensely. I had to restrain myself, as I knew there was no point ripping everything open until I had my sense of taste back. My lovely foodie penpal (and coincidentally a local blog I was already following) was Kit from What a Peach, a really lovely blog (incidentally she's also an ex-pat!).


Since then, I've been trying everything - the Sweet Potato noodles (Wheat & Gluten Free). I paired these with Chilli Jam, roasted Butternut Squash and a Chicken (and everything-except-the-kitchen-sink) Stirfry. I really enjoy gluten & wheat free pasta - you have a less gloggy feeling than normal pasta, and this pasta was no exception. It's also scrummy. (I must admit that I spent the time eating my dinner giggling at the idea that in Sesame Street style "Dinner has been brought to you by the number 3 and the colours Purple and Orange") Such a geek.




We used some of these in a glorious Mushroom Risotto - hubby enjoyed it even without meat. It helped intensify the flavour and make it creamy.
 

This was inhaled. I can confirm 'divine hazlenut' is a good name for it!


Yoyo's - Strawberry, Peach and Blueberry. Scrummy daytime snacks - and they have some random facts;


I really loved these - I'm always on the look out for different healthy snacks.



The Pièce de résistance; Chocolate Pop-Tarts. Kit is american, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these - the hype is true, they are awesome. Hot pockets of chocolately yummy-ness. They are not great for you, but my motto has always been moderation is everything. These are a treat, and what a good treat.


Not to mention the lovely card & wrapping paper on everything - it put a huge smile on my dial. Thank you Kit, I really loved the thought and care you put into my package!

The Lean Green BeanFoodie Penpals is celebrating it's first birthday - congratulations Lindsay! Created by Lindsay at theleangreenbean in September 2011, and administered in the UK by Carol Anne from thisisrocksalt every month, you are assigned a person to send a thoughtful foodie parcel to and a different person will send one to you. It's a lovely way to try things you've never tried before, match up with some awesome bloggers (and readers too!) and it's so nice to receive something in the post that's not a bill. Join us today!

The very paitent lady whom I sent to was Sallie at Sallie's Kitchen. Mmmm, she has tempting recipes! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments

Post a Comment