Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bumper Cars, Pimms & Rain

It was our summer work-do last night, a strangely fun evening of Carnival, BBQ and compliments despite the weather. After a snack break 20 minutes into our 50 minute drive (honestly the girls I work with are teeny but eat like horses!) we had some very competitive competitions – a Coconut Shy, Bumper Cars, Test your Strength, Bungee Bounce & a Rodeo bull, before catching up with old colleagues and a wee bit of (probably very awkward looking) dancing.




Er, Did I mention I hit the bell with the Test your Strength?? The worrying thing is I did better than one of the office fellows! Must be all of the running I’ve been attempting lately, that or the Kiwi in me was running strong that day!


I also had my first outside compliment on the battle of the bulge – an old colleague said I looked amazing!? – she made my week, and has given me the confidence to push further. Hubby swears our scales are wrong, my clothes are beginning to hang and I’ve changed shape over the last two months, but it’s nice to have some external reassurance as the scales haven’t budged for two weeks.

Todays workout: Laughing and holding Pimms.
What is the best office party you've been to?

0 comments

Post a Comment