Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sunshine Smoothies

I love smoothies, and I'm kind of obsessed with them. Anything that can be blitzed and slurped I think I've played with, but still find the old classics make such a lovely, quick and nutritious breakfast/snack/lunch/dinner/dessert...


This one is my 30second sunshine pick me-up. Bursting with fresh zingy citrus, it's light, nutritious and scrumptious. Substitute your favourite fruits or whatever you have on hand. To make it more filling, add 40g Porridge Oats (with a touch of Agave to balance the dryness) or a frozen banana, to make a slurpy juice drink, add apple juice and to make a 'pudding bowl' freeze all of the fruit in advance and add half a tsp of Xanthan Gum.

Sunshine Smoothie


Ingredients
A quartered fresh Kiwi Fruit
4 halved fresh Strawberries
1 Frozen Peach or Nectarine or a quarter of a Mango
150ml pot of Yoghurt
  1. Place in a smoothie maker & blitz to taste
  2. Serve in a pretty glass with Strawberry garnish
  3. Enjoy!
I'm off to enjoy this in our backyard, with our beastie cat who has found a sunny spot!

0 comments

Post a Comment