Wednesday, November 21, 2012

6 Year Anniversary

I can't believe it. This Kiwi flew the coop, and has lived on the other side of the world for 6 years. It's been an amazing 6 years, hard in places but overall incredible.





I've met my husband, explored many countries, learned a lot and grown up a great deal.



I've missed my family and friends, met some fantastic new people, met some shady characters (a few seemingly straight out of Oliver Twist), developed new circles, learned how small the world is and how much potential there is if you put yourself out there.


I've also learned how to be self-sufficient, then learned to live with an English bloke. I've had to re-learn how to say my own name (the English around me struggled with "Ima" so now it's modulated to almost "Amma"), my ear has re-tuned to the many vagarities of United Kingdom speech and I now know what a monkey is (not necessarily a Chimp, but £500).



In the last six years, but especially in the last 12 mnths I've become fitter, stronger, more experienced and above all more appreciative. I can't wait to see what the next 6 years brings.




I know I still have a lot to learn, and there is still a whole world to experience.

Are you where you thought you would be six years ago?

0 comments

Post a Comment