Saturday, November 10, 2012

London Living: London Foodie Festival

I LOVED it. I think I had almost the perfect day yesterday. With quite a bit of holiday leave left, we decided to have a day off yesterday making it a luxury-staycation 3-day weekend.



Let there be light!
 
We started off pretty lazily, then I learned how to change a light fitting (not really planned, but one of the joys of day to day living) before we wandered out the door to the BBC Foodie Festival. Held in the glorious Olympia exhibition hall, we ended up spending 3hours wandering all of the stalls, nibbling and trying all sorts of scrumptious stuff.


We made sure to go hungry (Foodie Festival Golden Rule #1 - Never go on a full stomach) and weren't disappointed. The breadth of different stalls, selling Local, National and European produce was fantastic.




We hung out with Michel Roux (well, got a book signed), listened to a interview with the lovely GBBO winner John Whaite, watched a masterclass with Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood, and tried a variety of scrumptious wines.



(It's not me in the above photo with Michel Roux, I really don't like photos of myself. Other people, different story.)


The best thing about going with hubby is that I have such a sweet tooth, his preference for savoury really balances the whole day out.






It's all about balance...


 Later, we went to a concert at Wembley - my favouite band. Ever...

0 comments

Post a Comment