Sunday, November 4, 2012

Foodie Penpals October

This months box was scumptious to the point that not all the items made it to be photographed, sorry!

My lovely box from Emily was jam packed with lovely savoury treats, and a few sweeter treats that neither of us could say no to - Emily to pack, and hubby and I to devour.


I have a rather bad sweet tooth, and usually ask for savoury snacks that I can enjoy at my desk, as that's the dangerous time for indulgence, especially that 3pm snack time. Emily gave me some lovely options.

My favourite item of the box was the Peanut Butter, the Chocolate Yoghurt Banana Chips and the made on demand Peanut Butter. It only contains Peanuts, Vegetable oil, and Salt. It is scrumptious! It's rather paler than commercially available Peanut Butter, but after some digging around it is a result of either the skins being added, or chemical colourings. This is so good, I'm not sure I will go back to normal Peanut butter - especially with the chemicals listed in the ingredient list...


The Banana Chips and Pop Chips were addictive and didn't quite make it past opening the box and getting some hummus for the fridge - voila, lunch! I'm definately getting the Pop Chips again. I'm not sure I'll buy the Banana Chips - not because they weren't delicious, but they were too yummy and won't last beyond landing in my shopping bag.

A few treats going into my desk drawer are the Liquorice - great alternative to normal Liquorice which I'm not a a huge fan of, the nut bar, the chocolate Witch and a bag of Roasted beans.



I love Oatcakes, a snack that I never saw in NZ (probably because I never looked) but I can't wait to pair these with a chutney and cheese.


Of the treats, this Fudge was amazing. It's handmade by a company called Melting Pot and won a Great Taste Gold award in 2011, and I can see why!


Last but certainly not least, is this Three Fruit Maramalade from Chatworth House. On hot buttery Toast it is scrumptious, and as I've been seeing Bread and Butter puddings pop up, I think will make it's way fairly soon into a scrumptious Bread and Butter Pudding.


Thank you Emily, it's an awesome parcel - packed with such though and care.

The downlow: Foodie Penpals was created by Lindsay at theleangreenbean in September 2011, and administered in the UK by Carol Anne from thisisrocksalt every month, you are assigned a person to send a thoughtful foodie parcel to and a different person will send one to you. It's a lovely way to try things you've never tried before, match up with some awesome bloggers (and readers too!) and it's so nice to receive something in the post that's not a bill. Join in today!
The Lean Green Bean

0 comments

Post a Comment