Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Before I Go To Sleep - Reading Recommendation

"As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I’m still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me. . . ."

 
I couldn't put this book down. It literally went everywhere with me. When younger I was a Koontz fan and this reminded me of him - without the Sci-Fi. I enjoyed the almost disembodied-ness of the book; it really adds layers to how Christine feels. Whether it's intentional or unintentional as some reader thought, I enjoed it. Reading is definately a willing suspension of disbelief, and I'll admit that the twist in this book I didn't see coming, though I probably should have. The insular world that Christine lives in is very intense, and there were a few coincidences, but I'm willing to forgive them for the overall story.

The only problem is it finished. I could have kept on reading.


Definitely a compulsive read, and a great debut novel. A fantastic commuter read, and the cover is just beautiful.

(Please note any links to Amazon are through my Amazon Associates account, which means I make a little money (less than 5%) from any purchases made after clicking through these links without adding any cost. This helps support my book addiction, so if you are interested in buying the book, please click through the top link)

0 comments

Post a Comment